Monday, October 20, 2014

Satisfaction

     There is an old saying that goes like this, "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."  As a Christian, I truly hope people can see how much I care. I hope they know that when I ask, "how are you doing?" I genuinely want to know. But that is not true of everyone.

     People go through life feeling unsatisfied. They look around and see others and think to themselves that they wish they had what others have. They think that they will only be happy if they look like someone else, own what others have, have a different job, car, spouse, boy or girl friend.  They are continuely seek something new or different thinking that than and only than will they have true happiness.

      The sad thing is that they never find true happiness. I know because I was one of those people. I too, thought that if only... but if only never came and I lived my life unsatisfied. unsatisfied with my self mostly, but sometimes in other areas. It robbed me of my joy, and from truly enjoying my family

     There are numerous verses in the bible where God talks about satisfaction. There is nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself. To get a better education or to want a better life for yourself or your loved ones, it only becomes a problem when we want what we can't have or maybe it is what we shouldn't have. You need to have ambition to drive you to be the best you can at whatever you are doing. But at what point does it become bad?

     I believe that it becomes evil when you are doing it for greed, selfishness, to manipulate others, and for nothing but to satisfy your own appetites. When it isn't done so that it will benefit others. You see, we can get caught up in the me, I, syndrome that seems to be taking over society today.

      I have lived on both ends of the spectrum. I have lived very poor and I have lived where money wasn't even a question. The one thing I learned in both is that I always need God. I have been through some really rough times. Times where I wasn't even sure I would survive, but God was always right by my side. He held my hand and when I couldn't walk, He carried me. It is in Him that I have found true satisfaction. I no longer have to look to the world for that.

     Phillipians 4:10-13 says, "But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have received your concern for me; indeed you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

      I have learned that I can be satisfied in my life in everything and that I can do all things because of God. I may not be rich by societies standards but boy am I rich in other ways. I have been given so many blessings and I am truly thankful for them all. I want to only ever find my satisfaction in Him because I know that I can only ever be truly satisfied in Him.

     My satisfaction comes in knowing, "Godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. 1 Timothy 6:6-8.  I am content with what God has provided. I have faith that He will always provide. He has led me out of the darkness and into the light. What more could I ask of Him. He has brought me into a place of true satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment