Sunday, October 5, 2014

Never alone

     Have you ever felt rejected, abandoned or mistreated?  Were your feelings based on fact or were they based on what you thought was fact? Did you really hear from the person that they no longer wanted to be friends or was it your perception of the circumstance?  Have you last a job or had something happen that felt so bad you believed you couldn't survive?

     I know this is a lot of questions to think about. Rejection from people we care about or having something really care about taken away is hard to go through. This is especially difficult if there was nothing that you may have done to deserve it. It leaves you feeling so confused and hurt. That feeling of rejection comes in and you feel so alone.  It can feel like there is something wrong with you. Like you deserve it but this is not true.

     Sometimes in grief, your relationships change. Family and friends who you would normally lean on seem to fade away from you. You think you can rely on these people because they are so close to you. And the funny thing is, some who were not so close, may become closer with you.  They are the ones who stand by you through some of your toughest days. It is a fact that when people are grieving, their relationships change. Some grow stronger and others grow weaker.
  
     I don't truly believe that people mean to hurt us or leave the relationship with us. It is really hard for some people to understand what grief is like especially if it has not touched their lives. Or maybe they have lost someone and it is to hard for them to see that grief in you because of their loss. Whatever the reason, the friendship fades away. But new ones come forward. New bonds are built and friendships deepen. 

     With these new relationships, there is almost an unspoken understanding. They can relate to you in how you now think and feel. Did you ever think that this may be God's plan for you? He wants people to be with you or around you that you can relate to. He allows some friendships to bloom while others wither away. It is painful especially when you have already lost a loved one. But you can ask for God to bring or build good solid friendships to you during the grief journey.

     It is hard to understand why someone you care about could leave you or abandon you during your time of grief. I believe God allows, (not causes, but allows) rejection or abandonment in our lives not to hurt us but to protect us from a relationship or situation that could cause us harm in the future. I know that for me, I needed to let go of the relationship I had with my eating disorder. It may seem weird to you, but when you have an eating disorder, you truly are in a relationship with it. It is everything to you and it begins to slowly push all other relationships away. Is this loss a bad thing, no matter what loss it is? Not necessarily. 

     It may just be a blessing. It could be God's mercy showing up in our lives. I really believe that God's heart breaks for us in these situations. He is heart broken because he must allow for this to happen. But I believe he does this to prevent something worse form happening. In his great love for me, he allows someone or something to leave or reject me as an act of protection. That relationship or situation may have only been needed for  a season. It may have been placed in my life to teach me a lesson at that specific time. It may have been allowed in my life so that God could then use me in some way to touch the lives of others because I have gone through what they have.

     One thing I know is true without any doubt is that my God will never reject me. He would not turn His back on me because it would be like turning against His self.  I may be deeply hurt by people or circumstances in my life, but God will never turn on me. He cares so much about protecting me that He has given me, and you, angels of protection. These divine protectors also protect us in our relationships and our daily lives. In circumstances as well. We need only walk in the faith that His word is true.

     When people reject or mistreat me, God feels my heartache. His love is so big that it can cover all the hurts I may experience in my life. Hurt form the past, present and future. I need only go to Him. He won't put blame for the pain I have in my life. He truly cares about all the hurt that I have and will experience in my life. I know that no matter what happens in my life, He will never leave me or forsake me. This is true for all of His children. He loves us all so very much, and He will never leave us. Yes we will have pain and hurt. Rejection and lost relationships. But one thing will always be true, He will NEVER LEAVE NOR FORSAKE YOU.  Its His promise to all people. He is waiting there for us to reach out to him. It is all He asks. Just for us to ask.

     Rest in the peace of knowing His love for you is greater than any relationship you will ever experience here on earth. The scripture is where I find this reassurance. Please read Psalms 91:11, Deuteronomy 31:8, Psalms 10:17-18, Psalms 68:5, Psalms 146:9 and Exodus 22:22-23.  These verses are where you will find God's promises to us about our relationship with Him. His undying and unfailing love for us. It is always there. You need only reach out and ask. Neverendi

No comments:

Post a Comment