Thursday, August 14, 2014

His hope!

    So as I have been struggling with my dad's death, I have often felt hopeless.  I have thought to myself, there is no hope in this situation. This has allowed the devil to step in and lie to me and tell me that the only way I can feel better is bulimia. It was a lie. An evil, deceptive lie.

      But my God is bigger than any lie. In Psalms 71:14 it says, "But as for me, I will hope continually, And I will praise You yet more and more.  This is what I am claiming over my life from this point forward. I know that the Lord is in control of my life and that He has great plans for me. Plans that are for good things. Not sickness and bad. So my life is going to be better. I will no longer believe the lie.

     So my hope is in Him as I begin my journey to healing. I will be entering an eating disorder treatment program. I have hope that He is there with me through it all. That He will be guiding the people who will be treating me. I was scared but I know that this is what God has lead me to. And if He can lead me to it, He can lead me through it.

     Short blog today because I have cried a lot today and I am tired. Going to spend as much time as I can with my family before I leave. I just want to love them up. It may be a while before I get to see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment