Thursday, February 2, 2017

A new begining

   I haven't written anything in so long. This is strange. I love writing because for me, it is a release. There is no one here to tell me that what I am doing is wrong. It is just me and my computer and I can put my feelings down without fear of reprisal.

     Since I last wrote, I have completed my ADN and I am waiting to take my NCLEX so that I can get my RN. I can't wait. It will open so many doors for me. It has been a life long dream of mine to finally finish this journey. I have met so many wonderful people in the last year and a half.

     I have to admit, there were times that I wanted to quit. It was hard working full time and going to school. I found that the struggle made me so much stronger. I have learned that when I want to quit, I need remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

     I am learning to grow each and every day. I am growing closer to God each day. It is another thing that I really missed during school. Its not that I didn't have time to pray or read His word, but I didn't get to go to church where I really feel that you get the fellowship you need.

     Our family has grown. We have 2 new grandbabies and they are the sweetest. I am loving my new place in life as grandma. I find that this season is such a blessing in my life right now. I am older, I have accomplished a lot, and I am content with my marriage. I love my job and the fact that I get to work with such an amazing group of people every single day.

     We are in a new church now and we are finding that the people there are very kind. It was really hard trying to find a church that we really felt like we fit in. We come from a very small church, and in Pueblo, most of the churches are large. You really don't feel a personal connection in a large church because you are just another face in the Crowd.

     The home we are in now is beautiful, and I am finally at HOME. It is a home in the mountains and I am surrounded by pine trees, nature, and beauty 365 days a year. It is my place, the place where I can rest, find peace, be me. I am so happy here.  It is probably the most happy I have been ever.

     Blessings keep pouring in. My God, my husband, my children, grandchildren, family and friends. It is so great to see where God has lead me. He has had his hand in every part of my life. I just feel like this is such a good place at this time.

     Well, I guess this is it for me. I am off to bed so I can get up and go to work at 2 am. God bless you all. Glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment